Official Walmart Coupon Policy
Here’s what Wal-mart WILL accept:
- Manufacturer’s coupons
- Printed at Home coupons (internet or IP coupons)- WILL NOT accept printed at home coupons for items that require no purchase (“free” item coupons). Buy 1, get 1 free coupons require a purchase so these are valid. Coupons MUST be legible, have “manufacturer’s coupon” written on it, have a valid remit address for the manufacturer, valid expiration date and a bar code that is scannable.
- Competitor’s coupons that feature a SPECIFIC ITEM FOR A SPECIFIC PRICE. For example, a coupon that says: Kelloggs Cornflakes $2.99. This is like price matching from a competitor’s ad. They WILL NOT accept any other store coupons that say, for example: $.50/1 Tide or 50% off Tide.
- Competitor’s “Check Out Coupons” or catalinas. They MUST be legible, have “manufacturer’s coupon” written on them with specific requirements, a valid remit address for the manufacturer on them, a valid expiration date and a scannable bar code.
- Soft drink container caps
Wal-mart WILL NOT accept:
- Print at home internet coupons that require no purchase. (aka free product coupons)
- Other competitors store coupons for dollar or cents off a product, percent off a product, buy 1 get 1 free, or double-triple off. To make this clear NO Store coupons from other places will be accepted unless they are for a specific item at a specific price. For example: you have a coupon for Tide liquid detergent and the coupon states it is to be sold for $5.99. Wal-mart will then take the coupon and sell you the Tide for $5.99.
Wal-mart Guidelines and Limitations:
- Limit 1 coupon per item
- Coupons must have an expiration date and be used prior to expiration
- Coupons MAY EXCEED THE PRICE OF THE ITEM. Change may be given or applied towards the cost of the basket purchase.
- We only accept coupons for the merchandise we sell.
- Coupons must be presented at the time of purchase.
- We accept the following with Customer Service Supervisor or Management approval:
- 40 or more coupons
- Any coupon over $20.00
- $50.00 or more in coupons in a single transaction