Click here to see the Official ACME Market Coupon Policy (as shown below)
What is the ACME Markets Coupon Policy?
ACME Markets promotes a coupon friendly shopping experience and encourages customers to participate in store, manufacturer and internet coupon use. The following policy guidelines are current, but ACME Markets may change this policy at any time and policy changes may not be advertised. Coupon redemptions are subject to the policy in effect at time of redemption. The current policy information can be discussed with individual store management but is not posted in each store.
Coupons – Definition: Coupons are a form of tender to reduce an order total based on merchandise purchased. Retailers are not required by law to accept manufacturers’ coupon. Coupons can be in print and/or in electronic form, and may be integrated into the register systems where they are deducted automatically when all purchase requirements are met.
General Coupon Acceptance Guidelines:
• No minimum purchase required on manufacturer coupons
• We will double the value of any manufacturer’s coupon 99 cents or less (i.e. 99 cent coupon will be doubled to $1.98)
• Offer good on national brand manufacturer’s coupons only (unless otherwise noted)
• Customers must purchase exact product in specified size
• Expired coupons will not be honored
• ONE manufacturer’s coupon and ONE store coupon may be redeemed on the same item, providing the value of the coupon is not more than the price of the item. However, only the manufacturer’s coupon will be doubled.
• Excludes milk, tobacco and other items prohibited by law.
• Coupons for $1.00 or more will be redeemed for face value.
• Xeroxed coupons are not accepted
• The following coupons are redeemed at face value and are not doubled:
o FREE COUPONS, STORE COUPONS, CIGARETTE COUPONS, PHARMACY COUPONS STORE ISSUED MANUFACTURER COUPONS or MANUFACTURER COUPONS THAT STATE “DO NOT DOUBLE”.
• We DO NOT ACCEPT any coupons that appear to be computer (Internet) generated that:
o Offer FREE product
o Offer a value of $5.00 or more
o Do not have a UPC and/or will not scan
o The words “manufacturer internet coupon” or “internet coupon” must be directly on the coupon
o URL address of the website must be on the coupon
· Coupons issued by manufacturers contain redemption guidelines including, but not limited to: “terms of agreement”, “face value”, “expiration date” and the verbiage “manufacturer coupon”. ACME Markets adheres to all manufacturer redemption guidelines.
· ACME Markets may issue private promotion “manufacturer coupons” in advertisements that state “redeemable only at ACME Markets” in which ACME Markets is the only retailer that will accept.
· Coupons that exceed the retail value of an item will be adjusted to provide the maximum value, not exceeding the price of the item
· ACME Markets accepts internet generated manufacturer coupons that have the following conditions:
o Coupons must scan at checkout.
o Coupons must have serial numbers and follow an industry-standard format.
o Coupons must clearly indicate that they are a manufacturer coupon and have a valid manufacturer address on the printed coupon.
· ACME Markets does not accept internet generated manufacturer coupons that have the following conditions:
o FREE product without a required purchase.
o A redemption value that equals or exceeds $5.00.
o The absence of a clear and scannable UPC bar code.
o Same serial numbers (internet sites print time & date stamps on coupons and limit the number of coupons that can be printed from same computer).
o The absence of a valid manufacturer address on the printed coupon.
· Rain checks for store coupons will be given out as long as the store coupon does not state on it “while supplies last”.
· Coupons issued by ACME Markets contain redemption guidelines including, but not limited to: “terms of agreement”, “face value”, “expiration date” and the verbiage “store coupon”.
· ACME Markets offers store coupons in various forms of media including, but not limited to, print, electronic, newspaper, direct mailers, kiosks and Company websites.
· ACME Markets may issue “store coupons” in advertisements that state “redeemable only at ACME Markets” in which ACME Markets is the only retailer that will accept.
· Store coupons may require that the discount applies only with Preferred/Loyalty/Rewards Card use.
The Total Shopping Experience:
· In an effort to serve our all customers better than our competitors, and provide a timely checkout, ACME Markets requests that customers do not exceed three (3) consecutive transactions.
· Additional lanes will be opened to serve all customers in a timely manner if the current business and staffing level permits.
Internet Coupon Acceptance Guidelines
We will accept coupons printed from the internet for qualifying purchases. However, they must meet the following conditions:
· ‘Free’ product offers require a purchase
· Redemption value not to exceed $5
· UPC bar code must be present
· Photocopied internet coupons: Most internet sites will print a time and date stamp on the coupons, and limit each ISP address to two coupons total. If multiple coupons have the same time and date stamp this could be an indicator the coupon was photocopied, and should not be accepted. This is not a policy of the store but rather a means to prevent coupon fraud.