Acme Coupon Policy 2011
Acme Coupon Policy…
ACME Markets promotes a coupon friendly shopping experience and encourages customers to participate in store, manufacturer and internet coupon use. The following policy guidelines are current, but ACME Markets may change this policy at any time and policy changes may not be advertised. Coupon redemptions are subject to the policy in effect at time of redemption. The current policy information can be discussed with individual store management but is not posted in each store.
Coupons – Definition: Coupons are a form of tender to reduce an order total based on merchandise purchased. Retailers are not required by law to accept manufacturers’ coupon. Coupons can be in print and/or in electronic form, and may be integrated into the register systems where they are deducted automatically when all purchase requirements are met.
General Coupon Acceptance Guidelines:
· Coupons are accepted in accordance to the stated requirements on the coupon at the time of purchase. These requirements include, but are not limited to: product type, flavor(s), size(s), quantities and minimum/maximum dollar purchase limits.
· Coupons are intended for one time use and cannot be redeemed more than once.
· Coupons have no cash value.
· ACME Markets only accepts original coupons and does not accept photocopied or reproduced coupons (including multiple prints of same series internet coupons).
· ACME Markets does not accept expired coupons. Printed expiration dates are verified in addition to scanning the coupon for validity.
· Coupons stating “on next/future purchase or visit” cannot be used in the transaction in which they are generated. Next purchase is defined as a separate transaction.
· The coupon redemption value on ‘Free’ coupons may not exceed the value of the item.
· ACME Markets will accept ONE manufacturer coupon and ONE store coupon on the same qualifying item.
· ACME Markets does not accept competitor coupons. (Coupons generated by any competitor with competitor logo are considered competitor coupons.)
· All applicable sales taxes are paid by the customer at the full value of the item.
· ACME Markets reserves the right to refuse any coupons at its discretion.
· Coupons issued by manufacturers contain redemption guidelines including, but not limited to: “terms of agreement”, “face value”, “expiration date” and the verbiage “manufacturer coupon”. ACME Markets adheres to all manufacturer redemption guidelines.
· ACME Markets may issue private promotion “manufacturer coupons” in advertisements that state “redeemable only at ACME Markets” in which ACME Markets is the only retailer that will accept.
· Coupons that exceed the retail value of an item will be adjusted to provide the maximum value, not exceeding the price of the item
· ACME Markets accepts internet generated manufacturer coupons that have the following conditions:
o Coupons must scan at checkout.
o Coupons must have serial numbers and follow an industry-standard format.
o Coupons must clearly indicate that they are a manufacturer coupon and have a valid manufacturer address on the printed coupon.
· ACME Markets does not accept internet generated manufacturer coupons that have the following conditions:
o FREE product without a required purchase.
o A redemption value that equals or exceeds $5.00.
o The absence of a clear and scannable UPC bar code.
o Same serial numbers (internet sites print time & date stamps on coupons and limit the number of coupons that can be printed from same computer).
o The absence of a valid manufacturer address on the printed coupon.
· Rain checks for store coupons will be given out as long as the store coupon does not state on it “while supplies last”.
· Coupons issued by ACME Markets contain redemption guidelines including, but not limited to: “terms of agreement”, “face value”, “expiration date” and the verbiage “store coupon”.
· ACME Markets offers store coupons in various forms of media including, but not limited to, print, electronic, newspaper, direct mailers, kiosks and Company websites.
· ACME Markets may issue “store coupons” in advertisements that state “redeemable only at ACME Markets” in which ACME Markets is the only retailer that will accept.
· Store coupons may require that the discount applies only with Preferred/Loyalty/Rewards Card use.
The Total Shopping Experience:
· In an effort to serve our all customers better than our competitors, and provide a timely checkout, ACME Markets requests that customers do not exceed three (3) consecutive transactions.
· Additional lanes will be opened to serve all customers in a timely manner if the current business and staffing level permits.