Giveaway: Toshiba’s Portable Hard Drive
Here is your chance to win a Toshiba 640 GB USB 2.0 external hard drive from Toshiba! If you are ANYTHING like me, I have lost pictures because I didn’t umm backup. This is an awesome drive and will store tons of pictures, up to 182,000 digital photos to be exact. Not to mention, these are super cute!
Toshiba wants to you to sleep easy and know that your data is protected. These great tips will make sure you are protected and you make a good choice when purchasing your harddrive – either as a gift or for yourself!
Here are some tips to help you have peace of mind in this digital age.
- Buy a portable hard disk drive (HDD) unit – They can range from
$100 to $250 depending on the storage size and other bells and whistles. You’ll want to think about how much capacity you’ll need over time. A portable hard drive with 640GB capacity can store up to182,000 digital photos, 168,000 digital music files or 520 downloaded digital movies. While that may sound like a lot – think about all of the different files you are creating on an annual basis. Over time,you may actually have to add more capacity.
Click below to read the rest of the tips and enter this great giveaway!
- Look for portable hard drives that come with the backup software pre-loaded onto the drive – it will be easier than having to load it with a separate DVD. Also, look for software that is easy to use for regular people that may not be familiar with data backup. Products like Toshiba’s Portable External Hard Drive feature simple process that guides you through all of the steps to safely and securely protect your digital content.
- All backup software is different, so ideally you can find one that offers an easy backup solution that enables you to set it and forget it, knowing that it is running in the background and all of your material will be securely backed up.
- Look for complete system backup – When selecting a HDD, be sure to find one that offers complete system coverage, as this will help restore your entire computer if your system goes down.
- Are you techno-savvy? – For those of you who like to fiddle, many drives let you change the settings to personalize your storage preferences, such as timing for back up, security, etc.
- Sleep easy – Once you have your backup drive in place, you can rest easy knowing that if your computer dies, you precious memories are protected.
To enter: Leave a comment telling me what you need to back up most! You may enter twice per household.
Rules: Open to U.S. Residents, 18 years & Older. Giveaway ends 02/24/10 at 11:59pm. Winner will be notified via email. Winner is responsible for responding within 72 hours or a new winner will be picked. If you don’t respond, you will not be eligible. Please check your SPAM box.