Walgreens Coupon Policy
Here is the Walgreens Coupon Policy
as of April 2011. You can check here to see it on the Walgreens website. You can see all the current Walgreens deals here.
As a customer-focused retailer, Walgreens encourages the use of coupons by our customers in our retail stores, in accordance with the following guidelines.
- All valid coupons should be presented to the cashier at the time of checkout.
- Walgreens does not accept expired coupons.
- Coupons and their face value cannot be exchanged for cash or gift cards.
- Competitor coupons are not accepted at Walgreens.
- Walgreens cannot accept coupons for items not carried in our stores.
- The number of manufacturer coupons, including Register RewardsTM manufacturer coupons, may not exceed the number of items in the transaction. The total value of the coupons may not exceed the value of the transaction. Sales tax must be paid, if required by state law.
- Any coupon offer not covered in these guidelines will be accepted at the discretion of Walgreens management.
- Walgreens will accept manufacturer coupons for an item that is on sale.
- In the event that any item’s selling price is less than the value of the coupon, Walgreens will only accept the coupon in exchange for the selling price of the item. Coupon redemption can never exceed the selling price of an item and no cash back is ever provided in exchange for any coupons.
- When purchasing a single item, Walgreens accepts one manufacturer coupon and applicable Walgreens coupon(s) for the purchase of a single item, unless prohibited by either coupon offer.
- The coupon amount must be reduced if it exceeds the value of the item after other discounts or coupons are applied. (For example, a $5.00 coupon for a $4.99 item will result in a $4.99 coupon value).
- When purchasing multiple items, Walgreens accepts multiple identical coupons for multiple qualifying items as long as there is sufficient stock to satisfy other customers, unless a limit is specified. Management reserves the right to limit the quantity of items purchased.
Buy One, Get One Free Coupons
- When items are featured in a Buy One, Get One Free promotion, up to two coupons can be used against the items being purchased, as long as the net price does not go below zero for the items being purchased.
- Sales tax must be paid for any Buy One, Get One Free coupon offers, if required by applicable state laws.
Internet/Print at Home Coupons
- Walgreens accepts valid internet/print at home coupons.
Register Rewards coupons
Earning Register Rewards
- Register Rewards will only print for in-stock merchandise during the promotional period.
- Register Rewards can only be earned for eligible items. No substitutions.
- There is a limit of one Register Rewards (RR) printed per offer per customer per transaction.
- Customers redeeming a Register RewardsTM against the same offer may not receive another RR.
Redeeming Register Rewards
- Customers redeeming a Register Rewards against the same offer may not receive another RR.
- Refer to Register Rewards coupon for expiration date.
- The RR coupon value cannot exceed the total purchase amount. No cash back and no cash value for RR coupon.
- The number of manufacturer coupons, including RR manufacturer coupons, must not exceed the number of items in the transaction.
- Register Rewards must be forfeited if the qualifying merchandise is returned.
- Register Rewards cannot be used toward the purchase of gift cards and pre-paid cards.
- Register Rewards can be redeemed for eligible items only. Ineligible items include but are not limited to:
- Tobacco products
- Alcoholic beverages
- Dairy products
- Lottery tickets
- Money orders/transfers
- Transportation passes
- Special event/entertainment tickets or passes
- Postage stamps
- Gift cards/phone cards/prepaid/Green Dot cards
- “Prescription Savings Club” memberships
- Health care services, including immunizations
- Any items prohibited by law