Recipe #2 uses the leftovers from the Roasted Brined Turkey.
I make my own pie crusts, but for the sake of this recipe, store bought is fine.
- 1/2 cup butter and 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of chopped onion
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups of cooked turkey (depending on how much meat you prefer)
- 1 carrot finely chopped (you may add more if you love carrots!)
- 2 stalks of chopped celery
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 clove of pressed garlic
- 1 package of premade pie shells (not shown)
- 1 tablespoon of parsley
Oven Preheated to 400 F.
1. In large sauce pan melt butter – add pressed garlic.
5. In a separate pan, add carrots and celery with butter. Saute lightly. (you will notice my celery is frozen. I tend to buy my vegetables in bulk and dice and freeze. This saves me both time and money)
6. While your vegetables are sauting, add the turkey and parsley to the sauce. Stir over medium heat 3-4 minutes.
9. Cover with additional pie shell. Pinch edges together. Make several small slits to allow steam to get out. (this doesn’t need to be perfect. Mine never look like the ones in the magazines.
10. Cook on 400 degrees for 25 -3o until crust is golden brown.