Chicken Bacon Burgers with Cherry-Chive Mayo
TANGY CHERRY-CHIVE MAYO
- 2/3 cup Smucker’s® Orchard’s Finest® Michigan Red Tart Cherry Preserves
- 1/2 cup real mayonnaise or low-fat mayo
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped chives
- 2-3 teaspoons Crisco® Pure Olive Oil
- 1 cup Jonathan apple, cored and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet yellow onion, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped crispy bacon
- 16 ounce roll ground chicken
- 1 egg (or egg white)
- 1 1/4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
- 5 slices provolone cheese, for topping
- 5 sourdough English muffins, split and toasted
- 5-10 thin slices red onion
- 5-10 pieces, red-leaf lettuce
1. HEAT broiler on high. Spray broiler pan with no-stick cooking spray.
2. COMBINE the preserves, mayonnaise and chives in a small bowl, set aside.
3. HEAT a large skillet with the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the apples and onions; season well with salt and pepper.
4. COOK and stir until softened, about 3 to 5 minutes.
5. STIR in the panko crumbs, and then transfer to a large mixing bowl to cool.
6. ADD all the remaining burger ingredients into the apple mixture, season with salt and pepper; mix to combine.
7. FORM the mixture into 5 patties (thinner at the center and thicker at the edges for even cooking). *Mixture should be pretty sticky for a moist burger, but you may sprinkle in a little extra panko crumbs if needed
8. PLACE patties on broil pan on the center rack. Broil for 7-10 minutes, or just until centers are no longer pink, flipping once.
9. PLACE one slice of cheese on top of each patty the last minute of cooking.
10. ASSEMBLE burgers on bottoms of split toasted muffins by layering lettuce, patty, Cherry-Chive Mayo, and 1-2 slices of red onion
Source: Smuckers Recipes