This is a quick, easy to make meal with lots of color! I try to keep my recipes very frugal. This recipe has a great taste without spending alot of money! I found this recipe in Cooking Pleasures Magazine and it has become a family staple!
8 oz. Penne Pasta
1 1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 large zucchini or 2 medium zucchini (sliced)
2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
2 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
3 oz thinly sliced prosciutto, chopped
2 tbsp chopped or dried chives
1. Cook Penne according to package. Drain, keep about a 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water. Return Penne to Pot.
2. While Penne is cooking, heat oil in large pan over medium heat, adding in sliced zucchini. Cook zucchini for about 5 minutes or until golden brown.
3. Stir in halved tomatoes and garlic into pan with zucchini. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add cream and prosciutto and simmer for 5-8 minutes until slightly thickened. If necessary, add reserved pasta cooking water.
5. Toss Pasta with mixture. Sprinkle fresh or dried chives on top. Salt & Pepper to taste!