Loaded Potato Corn Chowder Recipe
I was discussing recipes with some of you on Facebook and this is one that I made yesterday. It turned out delish! As some of you may know, I am not a super technical cook – I just use handfuls and pinches when I cook – so recipes are hard for me to follow.
- 5-6 large potatoes – cubed
- 1 32oz. Chicken Broth
- 1 bag of frozen corn (more or less to your liking)
- Salt, Pepper Basil, Parsley, Oregano and Rosemary to taste ( I basically throw in a pinch or two of each)
- 1 Cup Heavy whipping cream
- Fresh Chives
- Shredded or Cubed Cheese
- 4 Slices of cooked bacon – into crumbles
- Sour cream
Put cubed potatoes, chicken broth, corn, seasonings in the crockpot on low for about 7 hours. When potatoes are soft (about 7 hours) , add whipping cream and stir. Let heat for about 30 minutes. Season to taste.
Place soup in bowls – top with fresh chives, bacon crumbles, cheese and sour cream.
Thanks to Bargain Briana for this recipe.