I know all of you are getting ready for cooking this week. Here is a great recipe for a soy Turkey brine. If you haven’t cooked with a brine before, you are missing out! Easy and delish.
There are several different ways to brine. I prefer to use a Soy Brine. You can see more details on using a salt brine here.
Just follow these easy steps. (note, if you don’t have a fridge large enough, try using a cooler – just be sure to follow the temperature information here)
Here is what you will need:
- 2 gallons cold water
- 10 ounces of Kikkoman Natural Brewed Soy
- 1/2 cup Kosher Salt
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 tablesppons dried sage
- 2 tablespoons dried celery seed
- 1 tablespoon of dried thyme
- 16 -24 lb Turkey
The night before you are ready to roast, clean and rinse Turkey ( like you normally would).
1. In a large stock pot, mix water and all the ingredients except Turkey.
2. Place the turkey in the brine. (if you would like, you can use a Brining Bag – I prefer to just put it right in the pot)
3. Cover the turkey and place in refrigerator overnight or atleast 8 hours.
4. Remove your brine and rinse well. Follow your regular cooking instructions.
Need tips for roasting your turkey? Check them out here.