Easy Peasy Recipe – Chili
This recipe was fairly inexpensive. I purchased the tomatoes, chili beans and kidney beans for $.33 cents or less each. The beef I got on sale at Giant for $1.88 lb. This recipes is under $5.00 for the meal. It fed 3 of us and had leftovers for another meal, which I froze.
1lb of ground beef (frozen or thawed)
(1) 24oz can diced tomatoes with green pepper and onion
(1) 22 oz can Chili Beans
(1) 16oz can Kidney Beans
(1) Red Onion
(1) Tablespoon of Cocoa Powder
(1) – (2) Tablespoon of Chili Powder
1- Seasoning Mix ( We grow our own and freeze it to use as needed – this one includes Basil, Cilantro & Parsley)
1- Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Put kidney beans, chili beans and tomatoes in crock pot. Mix throughougly.
**The Secret Ingredient**
2. Add 1 heaping tablespoon of Hershey’s Cocoa Powder to the mixture.
3. Add 2-3 Tablespoons of seasoning mix.
4. Chop onion and add to mixture.
5. Add ground beef to the crockpot.
6. Add 1-2 heaping tablespoons of Chili Powder (depending on how hot you like your chili)
7. Add a 1 teaspoon of pepper and salt to taste.
8. Cook on low in crockpot for 8 hours.