If you haven’t noticed, I like to cook simple, hearty one dish meals. This is a easy to make meal. It is rich and fulls you up fast. It is also inexpensive to make!
1lb of Rigatoni Pasta
1 lb of ground beef (my burger was still frozen in the picture)
1 jar of seasoned spaghetti sauce
1 tablespoon Parsley
1 cup sour cream
1 cup softened cream cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Cook pasta according to directions on package or until al dente; drain.
3. Brown beef in skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Season with salt. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 10 minutes.If you like, you may add onion or garlic if to suite your palette.
4. In a bowl, mix together sour cream, egg and cream cheese. I prefer to use my Kitchen Aid because it makes it nice and fluffy.
5. Stir in spaghetti sauce with the cheese mixture. (You will want to use as seasoned spaghetti sauce. I used a garlic, basil, oregano. If you are using a plain marinara, you can season it) Do not use mixed for this, hand stir. Add in 1 cup of the shredded mozzarella. Stir in ground beef. Mix together.
6. Place pasta in casserole in dish. Mix cheese/sauce mixture in casserole dish with pasta. Sprinkle cheese on top and sprinkle parsley on top. Cook for 25-35 in preheated oven until cheese is bubbly.