Coconut Curry Meatball Sandwiches Recipe
This is yummy change from the same old meatball sandwich with marinara. The coconut curry is rich and creamy with the slight tang of soy with the meat that creates a delicious sandwich. The fresh veggies add a lightness and crunch to the meatballs and sauce. Double the sauce recipe and serve over steamed rice and veggies for a fun alternative!
Coconut Curry Meatball Sandwiches
1 pound of ground meat ( I like using 1/2 pork, 1/2 chicken)
1/2 sweet onion
1 inch piece of fresh ginger peeled
1/2 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of curry powder
1/2 tsp of white pepper
1 tablespoon of soy sauce
2 tablespoons of corn starch
1 tablespoon of flour
1 tsp of toasted sesame oil
1. Puree onion and ginger in a food processor or finely chop.
2. Mix together puree and all of the other ingredients until combined.
3. Roll into 1/4 cup size balls.
4. Sear meatballs in a pan coated with oil on medium heat.
5. Set aside on a plate on paper towels.
1 can of coconut milk
3 tablespoons of soy sauce or tamari
2 tablespoons of curry powder
1. Heat all ingredients on medium heat until simmering.
2. Add in meatballs and reduce heat.
3. Simmer on low for 30 min. or until meatballs are cooked through.
1/4 cup of carrot matchsticks
1/4 cup of julienne cucumber ( center seeds removed)
2 tablespoons of diced green onion ( dark and medium green parts)
1 tsp of sesame oil
1/4 tsp of salt
Bag of long rolls
1. Toss together all ingredients.
2. Place meatballs on roll with desired amount of sauce.
3. Top with veggies and serve!
Adapted from Eating Well Magazine
Sarah is the mother of two angels, Garrett(3) and Isabelle(4), and wife to Michael. She spends her time between my family’s business, church, and her kitchen! Her husband is a chef and lured her into the kitchen and she hasn’t left ever since! Now she spends all her free time trying new recipes and creating yummy treats.