Coconut Cream Pie Recipe
By: Debbie C.
- 3 cups milk
- 4 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- sprinkle of salt
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cooked pieshell (deep dish)
1. Put 2 1/2 cups of milk in a double boiler and heat.
2. In a separate bowl beat the egg yolks. Mix in the 1/2 cup of milk and the salt. Add the sugar and stir. Add cornstarch and beat until mixture is throughly mixed.
3. Stir mixture into the hot milk. Cook on stovetop until thickened. Add the vanilla and coconut.
4. Pour the coconut cream filling in a baked and cooled pie shell.
5. To make meringue beat egg whites until stiff, add 2 Tbsp. sugar and continue to beat. Put meringue on top of pie and sprinkle with more coconut on top.
6. Bake at 375 until brown.