Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cookie Recipe
Do you have an abundance of zucchini in your garden, check out this recipe!
The Last Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cookie Recipe
Basic Cookie Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar flavor or Madagascar vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease very well.
1. For the basic cookie: Cream together the butter, sugars, and salt. Add the vanilla and eggs and beat again.
2. Add the flour and baking soda to the creamed ingredients and beat until well dispersed, scraping the sides of the mixing bowl once. The dough will be thick like clay.
3. For the inclusions: Add the chocolate chips, raisins, and walnuts and beat until just mixed.
4. For the zucchini: Add the zucchini and bake until just combined. The water in the zucchini will transform the dough to a medium batter. Stop once it is combined or you will continue to force water from the zucchini and your batter will be too runny.
5. To Bake: Using a large ice cream scoop, scoop mounds of dough onto the prepared sheet. Bake for 10 to 12
minutes or until done. The tops of the cookies should look wet and the edges should be starting to brown.
Immediately remove the cookies from the sheet to racks to cool. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
These are large cookies–which is some of their appeal. If you make smaller cookies, reduce baking times