Chili and Rice Recipe
This recipe is easy to make and stretches a long way. You can adjust how spicy it is to your liking.
- 1lb. Ground Beef
- 3 tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1 tablespoon of Tumeric
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 2 12-15 oz cans kidney beans
- 3 cups of rice
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 24-28oz Mexican Diced Tomatoes
- Hershey Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 cup of shredded cheese
1. Brown Ground Beef with onions and drain.
2. Put tomatoes, tomato sauce and kidney beans in a large pot over medium heat.
3. Add all spices and pressed garlic to the beans and tomatoes.
4. Add beef and stir until spices are mixed in. Simmer on medium, stirring frequently for 25 minutes.
5. Prepare Rice as per package. I use my Cuisinart rice cooker.. perfect rice every time!
6. Add one heaping teaspoon of unsweeted Cocoa powder to the Chili.
7. Serve chili over rice. Garnish with a sprinkle of cheese and parsley.