Cheesy Chicken Rotini Recipe | Quick & Easy Week Night Recipe
Cheesy Chicken Rotini Recipe
I love to cook. I could spend hours in the kitchen each day. However, the reality is, I don’t have hours to spend cooking. Somedays, I am lucky if I have minutes!
I am always on the lookout for quick, easy recipes as options for the days I don’t have time. My family never notices the difference when I spend 2 hours cooking or a half hour. They really just appreciate that I took the time to cook at all.
Here is a quick and easy – but yummy recipe for those busy week nights. It is also a great recipe to let the kiddos get involved with. It is so simple, that you really cannot mess it up! If you have a picky kiddo, this is a perfect compromise on mac & cheese – getting your veggies in too!
Side note – I think it looked really pretty on my dishes too!
- 1-1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups rotini pasta, uncooked
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen broccoli, cauliflower and carrot blend
- 1 can (10 oz.) RO*TEL®Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 1/2 lb. (8 oz.) VELVEEA®, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
COOKand stir chicken in large skillet sprayed with Pam®cooking spray on medium-high heat 5 minutes or until no longer pink.
STIRin water. Bring to boil. Add pasta; stir. Cover; simmer on medium-low heat 10 minutes or until pasta is tender.
ADDremaining ingredients; stir. Cook, covered, 5 to 7 minutes or until VELVEETA®is completely melted and vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring frequently.
Because this wouldn’t be a recipe on FTM without a few variations – here is how you can kick it up a notch.
- Use fresh garlic when you are cooking your chicken. Just add minced clove. Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Use 1tbsp of Italian Seasoning.
- To give it a little heat – add red pepper flakes.
For a step by step video, click here.
VELVEETA® and RO*TEL® are hosting an amazing sweepstakesto encourage simple, easy weeknight family meals and entertainment ideas. Winners will be picked each week, and the more points you collect the more chances you have of winning! Grand prize winner will receive $15,000!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of VELVEETA/RO*TEL. The opinions and text are all mine.