This is an easy recipe for quick vegetarian meal. To see the rest of the recipe.. click below.
Recipe based on recipe in January All You Magazine.
- 1 Tablespoon of Cumin
- 1 Clove of Garlic (minced)
- 1 small onion
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon veggie oil
Preheat oven to 375.
1. Dice onions and celery.
2. Heat oil in skillet. Add celery and onions. Saute until they are soft. Do not allow the onions to become translucent.
3. Drain black beans – make sure you drain them well. Use a potato masher or fork to create a thick paste.
4. Add all ingredients to black beans. Mix lightly – do not over mix.
5. Add onions and celery to mixture.
5. Form 4 patties. Do not overwork the mixture – use a fork to help form the patties. Place on lightly greased pan or foil. Cook in oven for 15-20 minutes until the patties are more solid. Depending on your oven, you may need to leave them in longer. There should be a brown crust on the outside of the patties.