Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin Recipe
This recipe is a double whammy of pork. Think Filet wrapped in bacon — instead Pork Tenderlion wrapped in bacon with loads of flavor and spice.
To see the recipe, click below or visit the cooking page.
Based on a recipe from Allrecipes.
- 2 lbs Pork Tenderloin ( I chose a pre hickory marinated tenderloin )
- 10 slices of bacon
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
1. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat. ( I prefer to cook mine on my griddle).
2. Cook bacon until browned and still pliable. DO not over cook the bacon or you will never be able to wrap it around the tenderloin.
3. Combine all spices in medium bowl. Note: I personally do not use seasoning salt because I am not a big salt fan. If you like your meals on the salty side, adding seasoning salt is not a bad idea.
4. Wrap tenderloin in bacon, use toothpicks to secure bacon around tenderloin.
5. Slice tenderloin between bacon strips to create medallions.
6. Dip medallions into spice mix. Dip both sides.
7. Melt butter and oil together in the same skillet. Cook medallion over medium high heat for about 4 minutes on each side. Take skillet and put directly in oven. Bake pork for 18-22 minutes until pork is no longer pink.