So, it is the age old question.. What is for dinner? We ask this question everyday. I often think, gee do I have to decide everyday? Didn’t I just decide last night?
I know FTM is about savings, but I really want to focus more on the recipes on FTM. Why recipes? Because eating out can be the #1 budget killer. Eating at home can save you LITERALLY thousands of dollars per year. Eating out will nickel and dime you to budget death. Sure, $25.00 doesn’t seem like a ton, but when you do it a few times a week, it adds up fast!
I know that many of you didn’t even know the recipe section existed. We have revamped the page – you can see clearly the Recipes marked on the menu and recipes are featured in the bottom section of the site. I am very excited about this. You can see the FTM Recipe Index here.
In addition, I will be incorporating more from a fabulous recipe source, called Dinner Tool.com. The site is free and has many amazing features. Some of the key features:
You can find recipes numerous ways. They include:
- Easy: If you’re just starting out in the kitchen, these recipes are for you. Preparation doesn’t extend beyond the most basic kitchen skills, such as slicing, boiling and roasting. Create a terrific meal without the hassle.
- Budget: For cost-conscious chefs, these recipes are both delicious and inexpensive to make. The cost is generally no more than $30 per recipe for a serving of six, excluding staple ingredients such as sugar and olive oil.
- Make Ahead: Don’t want to first start prepping a meal after a long day? Then check out our Make Ahead recipes, all of which can be easily prepared earlier in the day with no compromise on flavor. Just cook and serve!
- Fast: When you don’t have hours to spend in the kitchen, search our Fast recipes. These delectable dishes only take a total of 60 minutes or less to both prepare and cook!
- Healthy: Search for Healthy recipes and you’ll only get meals that feature health-conscious ingredients such as vegetables and low fat meats, generally prepared raw, steamed, roasted or grilled. None of our recipes in this category feature sugar, dairy or refined grains.
- Low Fat: 3g or less of fat per serving.
- Low Carb: Less than 40% of the total calories come from carbohydrates.
- Vegetarian: Recipe contains no meat, fish, seafood or poultry.
- Vegan: Recipe contains no meat, fish or other animal products at all including eggs, dairy products and honey.
Warning, this video will make you hungry!
I may look like a total dork, but the event was fabulous. Chef Ariane was absolutely amazing – you may have caught her on Top Chef a few years ago. She was really sweet and can REALLY cook. She works with Dinner Tool, she even recreates some of the user recipes for contests.
I am excited about using DinnerTool.com in helping my eat at home budget. You can get started with your grilling recipes - check out 40 Grilling Recipes here.