What Does YMMV Mean?
Another weird word! Last week we talked about what a catalina is.
So I use the term YMMV often in my posts. What does that mean:
It could mean Your Mileage May Vary, Your Market May Vary or Your Managers Mood Varies
What YMMV might mean:
- This deal may or may not work for you .
- This deal may or may not be in your store.
- This deal is depending on your cashier’s mood
- This deal is clearance and you may not find it in your store.
- This deal is regional.
- This coupon is regional and you may not be able to find it in your circular.
What YMMV does NOT mean:
- You may not be using a coupon properly
- You may get away with it
- You may be going against the store’s coupon policy
So in general, a YMMV means you cannot count on the deal being at your store. I would say ALL CLEARANCE deals are YMMV.
Any questions about YMMV?