How To Dye Easter Eggs Naturally
If you are looking for some ideas to dye and color your Easter Eggs naturally, here are a few options.
- 2 pounds beets, peeled, diced
- 1 pound onion skins
- 1 1/2 cup (1.9 ounce) jar turmeric
- 2 small heads red cabbage, sliced
- 1 (6-cup) pot of strong coffee
- Distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 cups blueberries, crushed
For all but the coffee color, in a 5 quart saucepan add 1 vegetable or ingredient. Add 4 quarts water, bring to a boil and cook for 1/2 hour or until the color is very dark. Allow to cool to room temperature and strain out vegetables. Add 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar and then add hard boiled eggs to each color. Refrigerate overnight. For the coffee color: brew the coffee. Allow to cool to room temperature. Add 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar, add hard boiled eggs, refrigerate overnight.
Do you have any good ideas/tips for Coloring Eggs Naturally?