How to Coupon at Target…
Welcome to Learn to Coupon …. in 30 Days. We are finally back! Today we are focusing on learning how to save at Target.
You can see all the prior Learn to Coupon series here.Today we will be discussing couponing at Target. We will break down the coupon policy and matchups. Target’s Full Coupon Policy can be found here.
The best way to save at Target is stacking coupons.
Target accepts one Manufacturer Coupon and one Target Store Coupon for the same item. This means that you may use two coupons on one item, as long as one is a Target Coupon and one is a manufacturer coupon.
There are four main sources of Target Store Coupons:
You can find Target Printable Coupons on the Target Website here. To print a coupon from the Target site, select the coupon you would like to print. You will be required to install a printer application.
The number of prints are limited by computer. They should not be photocopied.
You can find Target Coupons in your Sunday Coupon Inserts. These coupons will vary by region. Even though these coupons are found in inserts with other manufacturer coupons, they are still Target Coupons.
You can find Target Coupons via your Mobile Phone.
If the coupon values would be over the amount of the Colgate, coupon amount will be reduced if it exceeds the value of the item after other discounts or coupons are applied. We can’t give cash back if the face value of a coupon is greater than the purchase value of the item.
So there is no overage at Target per the policy. If you have received overage, this would be an error on the cashier.
Here is how your transaction should look if your coupon value was over the value of the item.
You cannot use a Target printable coupon with a Target Mobile coupon for the same item.
Here are a few key points of Targets Coupon Policy:
1. We do not accept Internet coupons for free items with no purchase requirements.
- You may not use a FREE item coupon at Target that you have printed from the internet.
- You may use a FREE item coupon from the inserts.
- You may use a Buy One, Get One Free coupon at Target that you have printed from the internet.
2. Buy One, Get One Free (BOGO) coupons cannot be combined (i.e. you cannot use two BOGO coupons on two items and get both for free).
- You may not use a Manufacturer BOGO Coupon with a Target BOGO Coupon to get one free.
3. A second cents-off coupon of the same type cannot be redeemed towards the purchase price of the first item. If a Target BOGO coupon is used, one additional manufacturer coupon maybe used on the first item. If a Manufacturer BOGO coupon is used, one additional Target coupon may be used on the first item.
- You may not use a $1.00/1 Manufacturer coupon with a BOGO Manufacturer coupon.
- You may not use a $1.00/1 Target Coupon with a BOGO Target Coupon.
- You can use a $1.00/1 Target Coupon with a BOGO Manufacturer Coupon.
One of the best ways to save at Target is stacking items with Clearance or Temporary Price Cuts. Clearance sales and Temporary Price Cuts vary by area. You may use both Target Coupons and Manufacturer Coupons on TPC or Clearance Items.
Common Questions for Target Shopping
1. How many like Target Coupons can I use in a transaction?
The coupons say one coupon per transaction.
2. Can I use Target Coupons on gift card deals?
Yes, you can use coupons on gift card deals. The gift card purchase requirements are met before the coupons are applied. Here is an example scenario for Target Gift Card Deal:
3. Is there a limit to the number of coupons I can use at Target?
There is nothing official in the policy, but the manager has final discretion.
4. Is there a schedule on markdowns for clearance?
Yes, most stores have a schedule. Check with management for your store.
Have questions about Target? Leave it in the comments.